For this project students will create a digital short film about themselves. It is a moving self-portrait with sound. It can be a mixture of still and moving images. The main goal is to develop your storytelling skills as well as learning some basic skills in iMovie.
Objectives for this project:
- Students will create a 2-4min video that includes an intro, body, and ending.
- Students will explore the fundamentals of iMovie video editing software.
- Students will examine how to develop a storyline and capture video footage to match the storyboard.
- Students will learn some cinematography techniques to create a more interesting flow to the video.
- Students will explore mixing video and still photography together to create a short film.
- Student will understand video and audio file formats to import into while editing and understand how to export video.
- Create a 2-4 minute video.
- Must include a personal story of yourself (it can be general or focus on one topic).
- Include still images and video clips.
- Audio- music and narrative.
- Title and credits.