Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little?
What was your imaginary friend like?
In this lesson, students will watch The Art Assignment video below. Then, they will design a drawing of your imaginary friend of the past or make one up to fit your needs today.
- Use symbols, lines, and more to create your imaginary friend. For example, my imaginary friend was a seal. His name was Seally (yes, very original). He had a bright red nose, brown body, fur, big blue eyes, and hair on top.
- In sketchbook, create a full page of your imaginary friend. Add value and color. Remember, we will be transform these into forms. Think about how it will look from many angles.
- Add these details below to your sketch:
- facial features
- arms and legs
- clothing and other accessories
- Take a photo of it and share it on your Weebly add the #artassignment, and let’s share it to The Art Assignment.
- Open the photo in Illustrator on your computer. We will practice using the drawing tools in this program.
- Save Illustrator drawing as a svg file. Open Tinkercad, and import svg. drawing into the program.
- Explore the tools in Tinkercad. 3D print out your figurine and photograph it.
When finished, copy and paste statement in your Weebly. Insert the sketch, illustrator drawing, and screenshot from Tinkercad in your Weebly. Also, take a photo of your final charm and place that in your Weebly too.
|Criteria||Excellent 10||Very Good 8||Acceptable 6||Needs Work 4||Self Score||Teacher Score|
|Objective||The goal or objective of the project was executed with excellence. See website.||The goal or objective of the project was clear, but doesn’t show clear evidence of understanding or thinking out side of the box.||The project expressed the goal or objective, but it was not clearly executed.||The project failed to express a goal or objective seemed to lack a specific focus.|
|Student has a great understanding with Abobe and other software tools, and explored other techniques independently.||Student shows evidence of understanding software and tools, still needs more practice. Needs to redo some editing in the composition.||Needed some reminding on how to use tools. Not exploring tools independently.||Tools used inappropriately and didn’t follow practice in class.|
|Creativity||Relevant image that kept the audience engaged with its originality and creativity.||Good idea but could have used something else to draw the viewer through the image.||The final image lacks visual interest and appears just collaged together with out thinking of objective.||Lacked creativity and originality.
Just copied another poster, and used other images without changing them.
· Detail in composition, Experimentation,
· risk taking,
· Good use of Elements and principles of art.
|Good, but needs more:
· Add more to Background
· Add shading, color, or texture.
· Add more objects/details
· Darken and lighten areas with tools.
|Weak, needs more work:
· Too much empty space needs more objects and details.
· Poor visual communication of ideas.
· Little care towards neatness or effort.
|Very poor effort:
· Unchallenging, visually boring
· Lack of risk or thought, looks rushed, nothing original added.
|Evidence of Practice and Craftsmanship
|Great amount of time and care is evident in the work’s creation.
Lots attention to detail.
|A good amount of time and care is evident in the work’s creation. Issues in craftsmanship.||Sufficient level of time and care is evident. Needs more attention to details.||Work appears to have been created without care.|